Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Gartner's Pace-Layered Application Strategy can help supply chain organizations develop an effective, flexible and innovative business strategy. Use this model to deconstruct the body of applications in your infrastructure and to develop a long-term, dynamic technology plan that fully leverages IT investments.
Table of Contents
Introduction: The Scope of Supply Chain
What Is Pace Layering?
What Is Connective Tissue?
Supply Chain Applications
Classifying Supply Chain Applications to the Right Pace Layer
- Questions to Identify Systems of Innovation
- Questions to Identify Systems of Differentiation
- Questions to Identify Systems of Record
Applying Pace Layering to Supply Chain
- "Deliver" a Pace-Layering Example
- "Make" a Pace-Layering Example: Global Quality Extending Into Systems of Differentiation and Innovation
- SLM Example
- Sustainable Business Systems Example
Recommendations for Supply Chain Pace Layers
- Guidance for Systems of Innovation
- Guidance for Systems of Differentiation
- Guidance for Systems of Record
Applications Frequently Migrate Between Layers
New Applications Should Be Classified at the Point of Conception
- Introduction: The Scope of Supply Chain