Purchase this Document
Price: $995.00 USD (PAGES: 25)
You will need to create an account on Gartner.com.
Gartner's IT Market Clocks provide a consolidated, full life cycle view of the IT assets in any technology asset portfolio. They highlight divestment priorities or where market forces should be exploited to expand supplier choice and/or achieve cost savings.
Table of Contents
What Is the IT Market Clock?
- Market Life and Commoditization
- The Four Phases of Market Life
- IT Market Clock Transitions
- Time to Next Phase
- Positioning Asset Classes on the IT Market Clock
Timing IT Investment and Divestment Decisions
- Initial Investments
- Technology Generations
Asset Class Trajectories
- Moving Around the IT Market Clock — Commoditization Paths
- Commoditization Paths and Buyer Power
- Evaluating and Interpreting Commoditization Paths
- Accelerated Commoditization Paths
- Commoditization Paths and Cost Savings
- Commoditization and Market Penetration
Working With Gartner's IT Market Clocks
IT Market Clocks and Other Gartner Methodologies
- IT Market Clocks and Hype Cycles
- Technologies and Asset Classes
- IT Market Clocks and Magic Quadrants
- What Is the IT Market Clock?