Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
In the "Terminator" films, Judgment Day is when a computer network becomes self-aware and takes over the world. We explore how far machines can take over business decision making. Maverick research deliberately exposes unconventional thinking and may not agree with Gartner's official positions.
Table of Contents
Why Humans Can't Be Trusted to Make Good Business Decisions
- The Myth of the Rational Business World
- The Postmodern Business World Creates New Pressures
- Motivation Systems Distort Rational Decision Making
- Machines Are Better Predictors of the Future Anyway
Key Technologies to Support Machine-Based Decision Making
- Machine Learning and "Thinking" Machines
- Business Simulation and Modeling
- Intelligent Business Operations
- Big Data and Extreme Information Management
Potential Impact of Machine-Based Decision Making on Business and Society
- Today: Augmented Decision Making
- Near Future: Machina Economica and a New Governance Model
- Potential Endgame: Skynet-Based Economic System
- Potential Impacts on Society
Why Might This Not Happen?
- *Maverick Research