Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
This document introduces and extends the pace layer concept for IT professionals.
Table of Contents
Some Background: Frank Duffy and Stewart Brand
Pace Layering as a Portfolio Analysis Technique
Pace Layering as a Fractal Concept
- "Rapid Change" Depends on Your Point of View
- Relationships Among Layers
- Managing Technical Debt
- Connectivity Within and Between Layers
- Cross-Context Connectivity
- Identify the Decisions That Will Benefit From Pace Layers
- Pay Attention to Movement and How It Affects Others
- Do Not Become Fixated Solely on the Rate of Change
- Use the Gartner for Technical Professionals Reference Architecture to Evaluate Connective Tissues
- Some Background: Frank Duffy and Stewart Brand