Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
We look at the role of sustainability as an organizational capability in developing competitive advantage, and the role that sustainable business systems and IT can play in that capability.
Table of Contents
Sustainability as a Competitive Advantage
The Business Value and Source of Competitive Advantage in Sustainability
- Beyond the Low-Hanging Fruit: Quantifying the Magnitude and Velocity of Longer-Term Advantages, Benefits and Impacts
The Roles of Information, the CIO and the IT Organization
- Enabling Strategy Development
- Enabling Organizationwide Innovation, Process and Behavior Change by Positioning the IT Organization as an Incubation Environment for Sustainable Business
- Enabling Critical Data to Support Sustainable Business
- Enabling Technology Platforms to Analyze, Optimize and Communicate an Organization's Sustainable Business Credentials, Plans and Outcomes
A Balanced Approach, Involving the IT Organization
- Sustainability as a Competitive Advantage