Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Extreme volatility and uncertainty plague all enterprises operating in the eurozone. Prudent CIOs must act immediately to protect their enterprises from the risks of government and bank default, the euro breakup, counterparty bankruptcy, and employee and customer distress.
Table of Contents
The Four Challenges
- Challenge 1: Market Volatility
- Challenge 2: Capital Costs
- Challenge 3: Human Capital Management
- Challenge 4: Risk Management
The Role of the CIO in Addressing These Challenges
Projected Business Impacts of the Euro Crisis
- Impact 1: Governments, Banks and Businesses May Collapse
- Impact 2: Rule of Law and Public Safety Can't Be Guaranteed
- Impact 3: Low Employee Morale Harms Productivity
- Impact 4: Double-Dip Recession Promotes Protectionism and Financial Diversification
- Impact 5: Financial Regulation and Increased Capital Costs Force Business Model Restructuring
- Impact 6: Broken Traditional Monetary Mechanisms Promote the Implementation of New Monies
Projected IT Impacts of the Euro Crisis
- Impact 1: The IT Revolution Will Be Questioned
- Impact 2: IT Spending Patterns Will Dramatically Change
- Impact 3: Vendor Viability Concerns Increase
- Impact 4: Large IT Projects Could Be Canceled
- Impact 5: Social and Consumer Technologies Could Dominate IT and Business Strategy
- Impact 6: Government IT Spending Focuses on Survival