New to Gartner?
Register with us for FREE access to this research document.REGISTER NOW
When organizing or embarking on an initiative around the use or establishment of PMO metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs), the first step should be to get all the building blocks in place.
Table of Contents
- Consistent Observations of Metrics' Importance and Relevance
- Why Metrics Are So Useful
- Lingering Concerns Around Metrics
Six Building Blocks When Creating and Applying a PMO Metrics Initiative
- Building Block 1: Ensure That All Concerned Parties Understand the Purpose and Objective of the Metrics Initiative
- Building Block 2: Ensure That There Is Senior Management Buy-In
- Building Block 3: Ensure That Sufficient Resources Are Set Aside to Execute the Task
- Building Block 4: Ensure That Education and Training Are Available
- Building Block 5: Ensure That There Is Organizational Acceptance for Standardization Around One Methodology/Approach
- Building Block 6: Ensure That Metric Definitions Are Kept Simple and Are Open to External Comparisons