Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Gartner's pace layer model can help organizations develop an effective, flexible and innovative business analytics strategy. Use the model to map your portfolio of business analytics solutions and develop a long-term, agile road map that leverages your IT investments without stifling innovation.
Table of Contents
Integrating Pace Layers
- Connecting People
- Connecting Information
- Connecting Processes
Classifying Business Analytics to the Right Pace Layer
- Questions to Identify of Systems of Innovation
- Questions to Identify Systems of Differentiation
- Questions to Identify Systems of Record
Categories of Business Analytics
Applying Pace Layering to Business Analytics
- Midsize Company at Level 2 (Opportunistic) Maturity Level
- Large Enterprise at Level 3 (Standards) Maturity Level
Recommendations for Business Analytics Pace Layers
- Guidance for Systems of Record
- Guidance for Systems of Differentiation
- Guidance for Systems of Innovation
Applications Frequently Mature Among Layers
New Applications Should Be Classified at the Point of Conception