Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Elastic multitenancy is a distinct characteristic of cloud computing. To achieve it, some providers take expedient shortcuts, while others invest in discontinuous change. Know the difference between these approaches to make more informed choices.
Table of Contents
What You Need to Know
- Multitenancy in Cloud Application Services (Software as a Service)
- Multitenancy in Cloud-Based Application Platforms (PaaS)
- Subtenancy (SaaS on PaaS)
- New Platform Technologies for New Requirements
- Shared Nothing (Isolated Tenancy)
- Multitenancy via Shared Hardware
- Multitenancy via Shared OS
- Multitenancy via a Shared Database
- Multitenancy via a Shared Container
- Multitenancy via Shared Everything
- Custom Multitenancy
- Two Key Alternatives in Elastic Multitenancy
- Vendors Will Battle for Leadership by Offering Choice
- What You Need to Know