Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
To drive business value from an enterprise information management initiative, organizations must emphasize vision, key roles, metrics and governance. Because technology issues are secondary, the 2012 Hype Cycle for EIM focuses primarily on the most-critical elements of the discipline.
Table of Contents
What You Need to Know
The Hype Cycle
The Priority Matrix
Off The Hype Cycle
On the Rise
- Information Valuation
- Reference Data Management Solutions
- EIM-Specific Roles and Organizational Structures
- Enterprise Information Management Programs
- Information Semantic Services
At the Peak
- Information Capabilities Framework
- Big Data
- Enterprise Information Architecture
- Enterprise Metadata Management
- Information Governance
- Information Stewardship Applications
- Logical Data Warehouse
- Complex-Event Processing
- Semantic Web
Sliding Into the Trough
- Enterprise Taxonomy and Ontology Management
- Data Stewardship
- Entity Resolution and Analysis
- Master Data Management
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
- What You Need to Know