Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
This research contains high-level Linux server cost efficiency and staff productivity ratios. Information provided was collected throughout 2013 from a global audience. Key cost and support distributions as well as metrics based on OS instance environment scale are also included.
Table of Contents
- IT Key Metrics Data Research Background
- IT Key Metrics Data Key Infrastructure Measures Overview
- Using This Research
- Gartner IT Key Metrics Data Series
- IT Key Metrics Data Source
Linux Server Analysis Framework
- Non-personnel Costs
- Personnel Costs/FTEs
Linux Server Analysis Data Demographics
- Linux Server Analysis Data Distribution by Environment Scale
- Linux OS Instances per Server
Linux Server Cost as a Percent of Total IT Cost
Annual Linux Cost per OS Instance
Linux Server Cost Distribution
Linux Server FTEs as a Percent of Total IT FTEs
Salaries and Benefits Cost per Linux FTE
Linux Server Support Distribution: Insourced Versus Contractor
Linux OS Instances per FTE
Appendix: Exploring Gartner's Prescriptive Benchmark Analytics Capabilities
- Gartner Benchmark Analytics Select Case Studies