Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Most of Gartner's Supply Chain Top 25, and 71% of others surveyed, use centers of excellence to tackle distributed initiatives and improve costs, efficiency and performance. Supply chain executives can use this research to understand the basics of establishing a supply chain center of excellence.
Table of Contents
Clearly Define and Differentiate a "Center of Excellence"
- Differentiating Shared Services and Governing Councils From Centers of Excellence
Link Centers of Excellence to Tangible Value in the Supply Chain
Choose the Right Center of Excellence Strategy
- Functionally Focused Centers of Excellence
- Capability-Focused Centers of Excellence
- Process-Focused Centers of Excellence
- Hybrid Centers of Excellence
- Focusing the Charter Is Important
- Clearly Define and Differentiate a "Center of Excellence"
Gartner Recommended Reading