Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Machine learning, already one of the most versatile technologies of the past decade, will gain even more traction in a digital business. This research, aimed at the architects of digital business, discusses the technology basics, benefits and pitfalls, and the abundance of use cases.
Table of Contents
What You Need to Know
- A Quick Illustration of Supervised Learning
- Sales and Marketing
- Risk and Fraud Management
- Public Services, Smart Cities, Smart Transportation
- Supply Chain Processes and Digital Production
- Cognitive Abilities for Better User Interfaces
Benefits and Risks
Vendor Selection Guidelines
- Building a Machine Learning Solution In-House
- Buying a Packaged Analytic Application That Contains Machine Learning Components
- Outsource (or Crowdsource) the Custom-Building of a Machine Learning Solution
- Technology Description
Gartner Recommended Reading