Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Business managers are often frustrated by the lack of agility of their SAP applications. SAP support managers should optimize their application change management processes to adapt their live SAP business processes faster, without compromising system integrity.
Table of Contents
Alert Business Managers to the Five Types of SAP Changes
- SAP Change Type No. 1. Emergency Fix
- SAP Change Type No. 2. Problem Resolution
- SAP Change Type No. 3. SAP Support Package/SAP Enhancement Package
- SAP Change Type No. 4. Small Business Enhancement
- SAP Change Type No. 5. Large Business Project
Consider Five Steps to Review and Optimize SAP Change Management Processes
- Step 1: Impact Analysis
- Step 2. The Governance Process
- Step 3. Application Changes
- Step 4. Testing
- Step 5. Transport Management
Evaluate Software Tools to Automate SAP Change Management
- Regularly Review and Acknowledge All SAP Change Requests
- Simplify and Automate Key Steps in the Change Management Process
- Focus on Speed for Small Business Enhancements
- Improve the Delivery of Large Business Projects
- Alert Business Managers to the Five Types of SAP Changes
Gartner Recommended Reading