Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Social networks can be a lucrative component of digital marketers' commerce strategy as they help extend social marketing investments into concrete business outcomes. While early attempts to sell on social networking sites fell short of expectations, lessons learned reveal new techniques that work.
Table of Contents
Differentiate Your Social Storefront From Your Commerce Site
- Challenge — Mismatched Consumer Expectations and Storefront Positioning
- Best Practice — Position Your Social Commerce Storefront Differently
Choose a Relevant Social Channel
- Challenge — Different Social Channels Offer Different Purposes
- Best Practice — Choose the Channel Where You Can Find the Right Users, in the Right Mindset, Connecting With the Right Content to Influence Your Sale
Focus on Experience
- Challenge — Enhancing Purchase Experience Within the Boundaries of a Social Networking Site
- Best Practice — Enhance Buyer Experience With a Compelling Social Value Proposition and Storefront Design
- Differentiate Your Social Storefront From Your Commerce Site
Gartner Recommended Reading