Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Select enterprises have embarked on the journey toward building their own security analytics capabilities, sometimes using big data technologies and approaches. This assessment summarizes some of the lessons and describes the merits of such an undertaking.
Table of Contents
Security Analytics and Big Data Security Analytics
- Security Analytics
- Big Data Use for Security
- Build, Buy, Partner
Why Build? Motivation for Exploring Big Data Analytics for Security
- Common Conditions for Building Your Own Security Analytics Technology
Build Your Own: Key Build Success Factors and Prerequisites
- The Analytics Mindset
- The Big Three of Required Skills
- Lessons From Other Big Data Successes
How to Build the Analytics Capability
- Two Analytics Approaches
- "Analytics First, Big Second" Thinking
- Secure Your Warehouse
Operationally Successful Big Data Use Cases
- Big Data Scenario 1: Outgrowing Log Management
- Big Data Scenario 2: Too Much Variety
- Big Data Scenario 3: Big Search to Big Data
- Big Data Scenario 4: Big Narrow Data
SIEM and Big Data: Working Together
Top Challenges to Wider Adoption
- Security Analytics and Big Data Security Analytics
Big Data for Security: Example Implementation
- Big Data for Security: Example Implementation
Gartner Recommended Reading