Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Gartner's 2015 Hype Cycles will help enterprises identify which emerging computing technologies, services and disciplines to invest in. This report looks across all Hype Cycles to spot the trends driving computing innovation today.
Table of Contents
Megatrends Driving Change
- Megatrend 1: Digital Business Moves Toward the Peak of Inflated Expectations
- Megatrend 2: IoT, Mobility and Smart Machines Rapidly Approach the Peak
- Megatrend 3: Digital Marketing and Digital Workplace Quickly Move Up
- Megatrend 4: Analytics Are at the Peak
- Megatrend 5: Big Data and Cloud Make Big Moves Toward the Trough of Disillusionment
- Movement Toward the Plateau of Productivity
- Hype Cycles With the Most Significant Changes
Most Significant Profile Changes
- Trend 1: Industry- and Domain-Specific Technologies
- Trend 2: Digital Business and Nexus of Forces Continue to Drive Rapid Innovation
- Trend 3: Security Is Pervasive Across the Hype Cycles
- Trend 4: Traditional Infrastructure Technology Areas Move More Slowly
Popular Hype Cycles
New, Changed and Retired Hype Cycles
- New in 2015
- Name Changes and Consolidation
- Retired Hype Cycles
2015 Technology and Application Hype Cycles
2015 Information and IT Services Hype Cycles
2015 Industry and Domain Hype Cycles
2015 Geographic Hype Cycles
- Megatrends Driving Change
Gartner Recommended Reading