Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Algorithmic business is vital for growth in the digital economy, but working out what to do and how to do it remains difficult for IT, data and business leaders. Here, we provide a top 10 list of things that CIOs and chief data officers need to know to succeed.
Table of Contents
Definition of Algorithmic Business
Ten Things That CIOs and CDOs Need to Know
- 1. Algorithms Are Nothing New
- 2. Algorithmic Business Is Different From Business Intelligence
- 3. The Advantages of Algorithms Are Speed and Scale
- 4. The Accelerating Rate of Technological Change Is Driving the Emergence of Algorithmic Business
- 5. Algorithmic Business Creates Both Opportunities and Threats for Employees
- 6. Business Awareness of Algorithms Remains Inconsistent
- 7. Algorithms Will Create New Areas of Competition
- 8. Proprietary Algorithms Will Be the Secret Source
- 9. Algorithms Can Either Mask or Expose Complexity
- 10. Some Examples of Algorithmic Business
- Definition of Algorithmic Business
Gartner Recommended Reading