Purchase this Document
Price: $2,495.00 USD (PAGES: 19)
To purchase this document, you will need to register or sign in above.
Personal assistant robots for the home provide new opportunities for technology and service providers, including PC vendors, but also many potential risks. Business unit leaders in IT hardware vendors need to assess if their investment in this will drive new business growth and how to do this.
Table of Contents
What Is a Personal Assistant Robot (PAR)?
- Positions of Currently Available PARs for the Home
- Ability to Learn Is Required for Success
- PARs Are Far From Being "Intelligent" Yet
Potential Concerns and Risks
- Humanoid or Nonhumanoid — Depends on Cultural Factors
- Total Cost of Ownership Matters
- A Cost/Price-Driven Business Model With Monthly Service Charge Could Be the Way Forward for Specific-Purpose PARs
- Value-Based Pricing Works for Specific-Purpose PARs
- Vendors Need to Seek Other Revenue Beyond Hardware
- Five Waves of Consumer Adoption
Market Structure Trend
- Current Market Players
- Cross-Industry Partnerships Will Accelerate Market Growth
- More Players Will Target Both Home and Commercial Markets
- What Is a Personal Assistant Robot (PAR)?
Vendors to Watch
Aldebaran Robotics-SoftBank Robotics
- Aldebaran Robotics-SoftBank Robotics
Gartner Recommended Reading