Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Two architectural approaches — called Lambda and Kappa — are blueprints for achieving fast access to fresh, streaming data. Data and analytics leaders can reduce cost and accelerate implementation of real-time analytics and IoT systems by adopting these approaches.
Table of Contents
Implement Lambda Architecture to Reduce Latency of the Existing Systems
Implement Kappa Architecture for Building New, Fast Systems From Scratch
Treat Lambda and Kappa Architectures as Generic DBMS Implementation Patterns for Real-Time Analytics
- Logging: Considerations and Tools
- Processing Engines for Batch and Real Time: Making Trade-Offs Will Drive Your Tools Selection
- Pay Attention to the Progress of Stream Processing Compute Platforms
- Optimization: Considerations for Precomputed and Real-Time Views
- Caching: Considerations and Tools for the Presentation Layer
Weigh Pros and Cons of Lambda and Kappa Architectures
- Lambda Architecture
- Kappa Architecture
Consider the Futures of Kappa and Lambda Architectures
- Implement Lambda Architecture to Reduce Latency of the Existing Systems
Gartner Recommended Reading