Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Serverless computing uses cloud attributes natively to execute user-defined functions, giving the consumer limited control over the infrastructure. Technical professionals can use this research to determine when and how to apply function PaaS as part of microservice and event-driven architectures.
Table of Contents
Use Cases for Function Platform as a Service
- Summary of Use-Case Assessments
- Use Case 1: fPaaS for Utility Logic
- Use Case 2: fPaaS for Scheduled Processing
- Use Case 3: fPaaS for Event-Driven Architecture
- Use Case 4: fPaaS for Microservices
- Use Case 5: fPaaS for Full-Blown Applications
- Use Cases for Function Platform as a Service
Use fPaaS Sparingly to Solve Specific Problems
Keep Your Functions Stateless
Shift Your Operational Concerns
- Use fPaaS Sparingly to Solve Specific Problems
Gartner Recommended Reading