Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
An endpoint strategy must align with business goals and support access from a wider variety of platforms, as agility is becoming an increasingly important requirement. Infrastructure and operations leaders responsible for mobile and endpoint strategies must accelerate toward platform independence.
Table of Contents
- There Is No Stand-Alone Endpoint Strategy; Endpoints Are Integrated With All IT and Business Strategies
- There Will Be More and Different Endpoints Used, and New Management Models
- IT and LOB Leaders Work Together to Define Business Requirements and Outcomes
- Applications and Services Can Be Accessed From a Variety of Platforms Under Different Ownership and Management
- IT Will Not Manage All Aspects of All Endpoints; the Managed Footprint Is Focused on What Needs to Be Managed (Data and Apps) to Reduce Cost and Improve Agility, Security and Flexibility, With Some Exceptions
- The Use of Analytics Will Drive Continuous Improvement
- Develop Your Own Application
Gap Analysis and Interdependencies
- Higher Priority
- Medium Priority
- Lower Priority
- Future State
Gartner Recommended Reading