Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
User and business demands require technical professionals who architect and develop web apps to deliver innovative solutions while maintaining predictability and consistency. A bimodal strategy with decoupled web clients, APIs and services will balance both by using different rates of delivery.
Table of Contents
Understanding Mode 1 and Mode 2 Web Applications
- Identify Modes Based on Cadence or Pace of Change
- Define Bimodal Opportunities and Priorities
Facilitate Bimodal Using a Flexible Web Application Architecture
- Identify and Prepare for Bimodal Options Using the Web Application Architecture
- Minimize Cross-Mode Dependencies
Use APIs to Promote Flexible Integration Between Mode 1 and Mode 2 Applications and Services
- Use Mediated APIs to Decouple Back-End Services and Legacy Systems
- Build Specialized APIs and Services to Enable Mode 2
Identify and Minimize Data Dependencies
Optimize the Ability to Switch Web Application Development Modes
- Understanding Mode 1 and Mode 2 Web Applications
Gartner Recommended Reading