Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
UEBA utilizes machine learning and other advanced analytics to detect threats and simplify the work of technical professionals focused on security. This research contrasts top UEBA technologies based on use cases and capabilities and highlights common usage scenarios and tool evaluation processes.
Table of Contents
UEBA Solution Use Cases Comparison
UEBA Tool Capabilities
- Capability Summary
- Comparison Criteria
Generic UEBA Product Architecture
UEBA Products vs. UEBA Capabilities
- Just How Smart Is UEBA?
- UEBA Drivers and Business Case
The UEBA Market
- SIEM vs. UEBA
- SIEM With UEBA
- Open-Source Alternatives
UEBA Trends and Future
Organizations Benefiting From UEBA
Challenges With UEBA
- Data Collection: Availability and Quality
- Different Expert Labor
- Tool Tuning Challenges
- Proving Future Detection From Low-Criticality Examples
- Alert, Incident and Anomaly Response Process
- Effectiveness Measurement Challenges
- Performance Problems Around Collection
- Challenges Baselining Messy IT Environments
- Cross-Silo Nature of UEBA
- Privacy Challenges
- UEBA Defined
Building a Business Case for UEBA
Selecting UEBA Tools
- UEBA Selection Focus Areas
- Building a Business Case for UEBA
Use-Case Assessment Criteria
Running a UEBA POC
- Use-Case Assessment Criteria
Gartner Recommended Reading