Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Technical professionals focused on security and risk management are pursuing security analytics in search of more effective detection of threats and improved monitoring and operations. This analysis examines security analytics initiatives based on a framework of data sources, methods and use cases.
Table of Contents
Security Analytics Defined
- Analytics for Security
- Big Data for Security
- Machine Learning for Security
How (and Why) Security Became an Analytics Problem
Motivation for Exploring Advanced Analytics Approaches for Security
Framework for Understanding Security Analytics
- Analysis Methods
Reported Security Analytics Use Cases
Security Analytics and SIEM: A Rocky Relationship
- SIEM Tools Are Evolving Toward Security Analytics
- When to Venture Beyond SIEM?
- SIEM and Analytics: Working Together
Business Case for Security Analytics
Technology Options for Analytics
- Build or Buy Decision Framework
- Success Tips for Build and Buy
The Buy Route: Available Products
- What Product? What Market?
- UEBA as Security Analytics
- NTA as Security Analytics
What's Next for Security Analytics?
- Security Analytics Defined
Machine Learning Explained
- Machine Learning Explained
Gartner Recommended Reading