Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Technical professionals integrating public cloud services (IaaS, PaaS or SaaS) with traditional data-center-based offerings must define hybrid services and integration architectures to succeed. This document identifies the key steps and research available to clients developing hybrid solutions.
Table of Contents
Solution Path Diagram
Step 1: Mobilize, Assess and Estimate
- Step 1.1: Mobilize the Organization
- Step 1.2: Assess the Application Estate
- Step 1.3: Estimate Cost of Service
- Summary of Step 1
Step 2: Develop, Design and Validate
- Step 2.1: Develop Hybrid Service Definition
- Step 2.2: Design Hybrid Solution Components and Integrations (Silos)
- Step 2.3: Validate Proofs of Concept (POCs) and Financial Modelling
- Summary of Step 2
Step 3: Extend, Integrate, Secure and Automate
- Step 3.1: Extend and Integrate Hybrid Silos and Technologies
- Step 3.2: Secure Hybrid Solution Components
- Step 3.3: Automate Hybrid Capabilities and Deployments
- Summary of Step 3
Step 4: Populate, Verify, Manage and Broker
- Step 4.1: Populate Hybrid Services (Migrations)
- Step 4.2: Validate Migrations (Testing)
- Step 4.3: Manage and Broker — Hybrid Services (Operate)
- Summary of Step 4
- Step 1: Mobilize, Assess and Estimate
Gartner Recommended Reading