Purchase this Document
Price: $195.00 USD (PAGES: 16)
To purchase this document, you will need to register or sign in above.
Enterprise architecture and technology innovation leaders must balance the agility, productivity and operational benefits of strategic cloud IaaS adoption with the risks of vendor lock-in.
Table of Contents
Architect for Application Portability, Not Infrastructure Portability
Identify Systemic Risks Created by Vendor Dependence
- What Causes Lock-In?
- Lock-In Varies per Provider
- Where Else Are You Going to Go?
Embrace a Provider's Full Capabilities to Maximize Value
- Make Conscious Trade-Offs When Selecting a Lock-In Philosophy
- Weigh the Benefits of Standardization Versus Value Maximization
Architect for Contextual Independence to Maximize Portability
- Be Wary of Abstraction Layers
- Have a Contingency Plan
- Architect for Application Portability, Not Infrastructure Portability
Gartner Recommended Reading