Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Technical professionals struggle to integrate open-source systems for managing the container ecosystem on-premises and in the cloud. Containers as a service solutions assist I&O in operationalizing the Docker life cycle. This research explores the relationships between required CaaS components.
Table of Contents
Why the Need for a Container Platform That Can Run On-Premises and in the Cloud?
- CaaS Vendors
CaaS Reference Architecture
A Guided Tour of the Reference Architecture Components
- Management User Interface
- Container Orchestration and Scheduling
- Service Discovery and Registration
- Ingress Service Routing
- What to Look for in the Container Runtime Components
- What to Look for in Container Runtime Components
- What to Look for in Platform Security
Network and Storage Integration
- Container Networking
- Container Storage
- Why the Need for a Container Platform That Can Run On-Premises and in the Cloud?
Pure-Play Container-Centric Frameworks
- CoreOS Tectonic
- Docker Datacenter
- Rancher Labs
CaaS Delivered as SaaS
PaaS Pivoting to Offer CaaS Functionality
- Red Hat OpenShift
- Pure-Play Container-Centric Frameworks
Gartner Recommended Reading