Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Externalized runtime authorization is becoming more common for mitigating digital risk and meeting compliance obligations. This report provides a maturity model for technical professionals to enhance underlying architecture by modernizing policy management and establishing enforcement patterns.
Table of Contents
Externalized Runtime Authorization
- Flow of Operation
- Recent Advancements
- Emerging Standard Specifications
- Maturity Model Criteria
- Runtime Authorization Deployment Model
- Externalized Runtime Authorization
Selecting Authorization Patterns and Policy Management Approach
- Front-End Tier Authorization Pattern
- Middle-Tier Authorization Pattern
- Back-End Tier Authorization
- Policy Management Approach for Each Pattern
Architectural Considerations for Authorization Patterns
- Portal Access
- API Access
- Application Access
- Data Access
- Federated Access
Example of Runtime Authorization Vendors
- API Gateway
- Emerging Policy Management Vendors
- Selecting Authorization Patterns and Policy Management Approach
Gartner Recommended Reading