Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Technical professionals responsible for cloud architecture must commit to a transformation of their organizations, governance, technology, applications and management processes to better adopt cloud services. This Solution Path presents a maturity plan for advancing your cloud adoption.
Table of Contents
Solution Path Diagram
Phase 1 — Elementary Cloud
- 1.1 Organizational: Sponsor and Define
- 1.2 Governance: Discover and Justify
- 1.3 Architecture: Assess Portfolio and Proof of Concept
- 1.4 Provider Brokerage: Create Master Evaluation Criteria
- 1.5 Cloud Operations: Baseline Management
Phase 2 — Specialized Cloud
- 2.1 Organizational: Construct Organization
- 2.2 Governance: Develop Application Readiness and Access Control
- 2.3 Architecture: Set Integration Foundations
- 2.4 Provider Brokerage: Manual Provider Management
- 2.5 Cloud Operations: Operational Stability
Phase 3 — Multicloud
- 3.1 Organizational: Train and Transform
- 3.2 Governance: Mitigate Risks
- 3.3 Architecture: Multicloud Foundations
- 3.4 Provider Brokerage: Risk-Based Management
- 3.5 Cloud Operations: Multicloud Management
Phase 4 — Brokered Multicloud
- 4.1 Organizational: Broker IT Services
- 4.2 Governance: Policy-Based Risk Management
- 4.3 Architecture: Orchestrate Standardized Services
- 4.4 Provider Brokerage: Self-Service Provider Management
- 4.5 Cloud Operations: Self-Service Management
- Phase 1 — Elementary Cloud
Gartner Recommended Reading