New to Gartner?
Register with us for FREE access to this research document.REGISTER NOW
CEOs are increasingly turning to digital investments to drive growth. These initiatives must improve product/service competiveness or create new market opportunities. CIOs can lead or help transform their firms to exploit technology innovation and become more digitally product-centric.
Table of Contents
Step 1 — Consider Software Company Models for Shaping Digital Organizations
- Successful Project Managers Do Not Necessarily Make Strong Product Managers
- Sample Product-Centric Organizational Model
- Does Part of IT Become a Product-Centric Organization Focused on Digital Initiatives?
Step 2 — Evaluate Investment Models and Evolve Leading Indicators Adopted by Modern Software Companies
- Cost Model for a Product-Centric Organization
- Investment Model for a Product-Centric Organization and Common Metrics
Step 3 — Invest in Comprehensive Product Management as the Core for Driving Digital Vision, Strategy, Roadmap and Prioritization at Scale
- Products Impact Markets, Competition and the Top-Line Growth of the Business
- Organizational Culture
- Draft Plan for Skills Gaps, HR Partnering, Investment Model and Organizational Design
- Step 1 — Consider Software Company Models for Shaping Digital Organizations
Gartner Recommended Reading