Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Every IoT project needs an architecture blueprint that defines what functionality is required, where that functionality will operate, and how data and control will flow. Technical professionals can use the Gartner IoT Reference Model described here to design their IoT architecture.
Table of Contents
Introduction to the Gartner IoT Reference Model
- Predictive Maintenance Example
How to Use the Reference Model
- Step 1. Assess How Business Goals Impact Technical Requirements
- Step 2: Analyze How Requirements Impact Layers, Tiers and Interfaces
- Step 3: Create and Refine Architecture Blueprint
- Expedites Creation of Architecture Blueprints
- Provides a Business-, Technology- and Vendor-Agnostic Tool
- Facilitates Technical and Business Collaboration
- Does Not Provide IoT Cost Analysis
- Does Not Provide Service Quality Analysis
- Does Not Provide Governance Process
- Introduction to the Gartner IoT Reference Model
IoT Communication Protocols
- IoT Communication Protocols
Gartner Recommended Reading