Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Healthcare payer IT teams typically lack the specific expertise needed to execute complete clinical data integration initiatives, leading to suboptimal business outcomes. CIOs must assess vendors against the entire CDI value chain to pick partners and improve delivery.
Table of Contents
CDI Is a Complex Value Chain, Not a Single Process
- Process 1 — Gain Consent for Clinical Data Integration and Use
- Process 2 — Acquire Clinical Data
- Process 3 — Standardize Clinical Data Output
- Process 4 — Normalize Clinical Data
- Process 5 — Integrate Normalized Clinical Data Into the Repository
- Process 6 — Deploy Clinical Data Into Enterprise Applications
- Process 7 — Apply Clinical Data to High-Value Use Cases in Line With the DUA/DURSA
Overarching Considerations and Process Exceptions
Identify Potential CDI Vendor Partners
- CDI Is a Complex Value Chain, Not a Single Process
Gartner Recommended Reading