Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Blockchain is often wrongly used as a collective noun, resulting in blockchain washing of technology solutions. Many vendors are misrepresenting and diluting the potential of their blockchain-inspired solutions. CIOs can use this research to understand blockchain possibilities to maximize success.
Table of Contents
The Future of Blockchain Leads to the Internet of Value and a Programmable Society
The Current State of the Market for Blockchain Solutions
Value Capture Is Not Straightforward
Four Archetypes Describe the Blockchain Spectrum
Blockchain Evolutionary Phases
- Phase 1: Blockchain-Enabling Technologies Archetype
- Phase 2: Blockchain-Inspired Archetype
- Phase 3: Blockchain Complete Archetype
- Phase 4: Blockchain-Enhanced Archetype
Mapping Archetypes and Evolutionary Phases to Use-Case Value Capture
- The Future of Blockchain Leads to the Internet of Value and a Programmable Society
Gartner Recommended Reading