Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Data and analytics leaders increasingly grasp the idea that information adds value to their organization beyond mere operational excellence and decision making. Taking a disciplined approach to data and analytics strategies will enable them to accelerate monetization of their information assets.
Table of Contents
Establish an Information Monetization Initiative
- Step 1: Establish an Information Monetization or Information Product Management Function
Maintain an Inventory of Information Assets Throughout the Organization, as well as From Second- and Third-Party Sources
- Step 2: Inventory the Available Information Assets
Evaluate Alternatives for Information Monetization
- Step 3: Evaluate and Select Methods for Both Direct and Indirect Monetizing
- Step 4: Adapt High-Value Monetization Ideas From Other Industries
Test Information Monetization Ideas, and Package and Market Information Appropriately
- Step 5: Test Ideas for Feasibility
- Use This Testing Phase to Build Consensus
- Prioritize Legal and Ethical Issues
- Step 6: Prepare Information for Monetization
- Step 7: Establish and Cultivate a Market for Your Information Product
- Establish an Information Monetization Initiative
Gartner Recommended Reading