Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Increasing complexity and frequency of attacks elevate the need for detection of attacks and incident response, all at enterprise scale. Technical professionals can use endpoint detection and response tools to speedily investigate security incidents and detect malicious activities and behaviors.
Table of Contents
Building a Business Case for EDR
- Business Case: Save on Security Incident Response Costs
- Business Case: Detect Endpoint Threats Better
- Business Case: Provide Endpoint Visibility
- Overcoming Agent Resistance
- Example Deployment Scoping Strategies for EDR Tools
- EDR Capabilities and the MITRE ATT&CK Framework
EDR Tool Use Cases
EDR Deployment Methodology and Architecture
- Who Should Deploy EDR?
- Endpoint Coverage
- Deployment Phases
Essential EDR Processes and Practices
- Select EDR Operations Best Practices
Personnel Requirement for Effective EDR Tool Use
- EDR User Types
Other Tools Commonly Integrated With EDR
- Key Focus: Threat Intelligence and EDR
- Key Focus: SIEM, SOAR and EDR
A Selection of EDR Tools
- Capability Summary
Gartner Recommended Reading