Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Organizations tempted to sell through marketplaces are often concerned about lack of access to customer data and control of the customer relationship. Application leaders supporting digital commerce technologies should look to exploit both marketplaces and direct channels to drive sales.
Table of Contents
Develop a Strategy for Product Placement, Pricing, Promotions and Postpurchase Engagement
- 1. Product Placement
- 2. Pricing and Promotions
- 3. Postpurchase Engagement
Use Technologies to Streamline Operations and Extract Customer Insight From Marketplace Stores
- 1. Marketplace Integration Applications
- 2. Marketplace and Third-Party Analytics Tools
- 3. Marketplace Membership Programs and Strategic Partnerships
Offer Superior Customer Experience in Direct Channels
- Leverage Cutting-Edge Marketplace Capabilities
- Invest in Direct Channels for Superior Customer Experience
- Develop a Strategy for Product Placement, Pricing, Promotions and Postpurchase Engagement
Gartner Recommended Reading