Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Several new trends are emerging in security and risk management that reflect longer-term trends. Reacting to these developments provide opportunity for security and risk management leaders to improve resilience, better support business objectives and elevate their standing in the organization.
Table of Contents
- Trend No. 1: Leading SRM Leaders Are Creating Pragmatic Risk Appetite Statements Linked to Business Outcomes to Engage Their Stakeholders More Effectively
- Trend No. 2: There Is a Renewed Interest in Implementing or Maturing Security Operations Centers With a Focus on Threat Detection and Response
- Trend No. 3: Leading Organizations Are Utilizing a Data Security Governance Framework to Prioritize Data Security Investments
- Trend No. 4: “Passwordless” Authentication Is Achieving Market Traction, Driven by Demand and the Availability of Biometric and Strong Hardware-Based Authentication Methods
- Trend No. 5: Security Product Vendors Are Increasingly Offering Premium Services to Help Customers Get More Immediate Value and to Assist in Skills Training
- Trend No. 6: Leading Organizations Are Investing in and Maturing Their Cloud Security Competency as It Becomes the Mainstream Computing Platform
- Trend No. 7: The Strategic CARTA Approach to Security Is Starting to Appear in More Traditional Security Markets
- 2019-2020 Trends
Gartner Recommended Reading