Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Addressable TV advertising uses traditional TV inventory to target commercials at specific households. It complements other paid media video tactics, but lacks the agility and automation of digital. Marketing leaders can use this research to evaluate where addressable TV fits into media plans.
Table of Contents
Utilize Three Addressable TV Advertising Use Cases
- Surgically Reach Small Target Audiences
- Complement Linear TV Buys
- Gain Measurement and Planning Insights
Take Six Steps to Buy and Execute Addressable TV Campaigns
Apply Addressable TV Best Practices and Cautions
- Use Effective CPM Rates to Inform Planning
- Do as Much Segmentation Work In-House as Possible
- Make Disciplined Use of Control Groups
- Prepare for Operational Complexity
- Tap the Potential of TV-to-Digital Use Cases
- Use Caution When Planning Digital-to-TV Campaigns
- Consider Professional Help
- Integrate Addressable Into Broader TV and Video Campaigns
Monitor Emerging Addressable Sellers and Technology
- Utilize Three Addressable TV Advertising Use Cases
Gartner Recommended Reading