Purchase this Document
Price: $1,295.00 USD (PAGES: 12)
You will need to create an account on Gartner.com.
Demand for portable media players, especially Apple iPods, contributes significantly to sales growth for NAND flash memory. A high-capacity video iPod and a revamp of the iPod nano range should help NAND vendors in 2H06.
Table of Contents
iPod Impact on the Portable Media Player Market
High-Capacity Video-Capable NAND Flash iPod in 2H06
- 3.1 NAND Flash Pricing Makes It Possible
- 3.2 PortalPlayer Announcement Hints at High-End Flash-Based iPod
- 3.3 Samsung Bullish on the Portable Media Player Market
Impact on NAND Flash and DRAM Markets
- 4.1 NAND Flash
- 4.2 DRAM
The Remainder of the iPod Portfolio
Portable Media Player Forecast
The Next Revolution for Portable Media Players
- 7.1 Video Playback and the Emergence of a Video "Ecosystem"
- 7.2 Wireless Technologies
- 7.3 Integration With Automobiles and Home Audio and Video Systems
- 1.0 iPod Impact on the Portable Media Player Market