Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Emerging technology continues to reshape the payment business, and nimble competitors are attacking banking's traditional domain. Banks must selectively adopt those technologies that will retain customers, drive growth and increase business effectiveness.
Table of Contents
What You Need to Know
The Hype Cycle
The Priority Matrix
On the Rise
- 4.1 Converged Payment Clearing and Settlement
- 4.2 Payment Hub
- 4.3 Near Field Communications for Payments
- 4.4 Converged Payment Execution
- 4.5 Payment Information Value-Added Services
- 4.6 EBPP Infrastructure Used for Small Business
At the Peak
- 5.1 Converged Corporate Payment Origination
- 5.2 BPM in Payment Consolidation
Sliding Into the Trough
- 6.1 Integrated Contactless Mobile Payments
- 6.2 Biometric Payments
- 6.3 Contactless Retail
- 6.4 Mobile Phone Payments
- 6.5 Internet Micropayments
- 6.6 Reusing Payment Cards to Authenticate Customers — EU
- 6.7 XML Messaging Standards for Payments
Climbing the Slope
- 7.1 Contactless Transit
- 8.1 Previous Iteration of the Hype Cycle
- 8.2 Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
- 1.0 What You Need to Know