Purchase this Document
Price: $195.00 USD (PAGES: 4)
You will need to create an account on Gartner.com.
Organizations' Windows Vista deployment plans generally are running late. With many Vista deployments set to begin in late 2008 or early 2009, and with Microsoft discussing the next release for late 2009, pressure will mount to skip Windows Vista entirely. We believe this is a risky proposition.
Table of Contents
- ISVs Don't Support Old Operating Systems Long Enough
- ISVs Don't Support New OSs Soon Enough
- Microsoft's OS Delivery Schedule Is Unpredictable
- Bring in New OSs Leisurely
- Reduce Migration Costs by Using Hardware Replacement Cycles and Attrition
- When Skipping Windows Vista Might Be the Right Decision
- The Issues