Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
In a highly competitive and depressed market environment, consumer goods manufacturers have opportunities to steal share from competitors by focusing on technologies that will accelerate new product development, boost service levels, provide consumer insights, and improve assortment and promotion.
Table of Contents
What You Need to Know
The Hype Cycle
The Priority Matrix
On the Rise
- In-Store Monitoring
- Marketing Mix Modeling
- Integrated Demand and Replenishment Planning
At the Peak
- Master Data Management
- Pricing Optimization and Management (C&SI)
- Inventory Strategy Optimization
- Partner Relationship Management
Sliding Into the Trough
- Direct-POS Analytics Applications
- PLM for Packaged Food, Beverages and Personal Care Products
- Global Data Synchronization
- PLM for Apparel, Footwear and Accessories
Climbing the Slope
- Capable-to-Promise Systems
- Category Management
- Sales and Operations Planning
- PLM for Durable Consumer Goods
- Retail Execution and Monitoring
Entering the Plateau
- Trade Promotion Management
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
- What You Need to Know