Purchase this Document
Price: $95.00 USD (PAGES: 6)
You will need to create an account on Gartner.com.
Security budgets are difficult, and sometimes even impossible, to justify if they aren't closely aligned with business objectives, and if the business doesn't "own" IT risk. Use Gartner's best practices to align business goals with security service-level agreements.
Table of Contents
What You Need to Know
Four Risk Management Mistakes That Threaten Security Budgets
- (1) Taking a "One Size Fits All" Approach to Security and Risk Management
- (2) Making Plans Based on What the Security Organization Wants, Not What the Business Needs
- (3) Making Risk-Related Communications Too Complex for the Business to Understand
- (4) Allowing LOB Managers to Transfer Their Risk to the IT Organization and the IT Security Organization
- Four Risk Management Mistakes That Threaten Security Budgets