The Gartner Office of the Ombuds has been modeled after that of the news industry, in which the ombuds takes action on issues of accuracy, fairness, tone and balance submitted by newspaper readers or radio listeners. As in the news industry, the Gartner ombuds recommends approaches to address these issues via content or process updates.
At Gartner, these issues may be raised by clients, non-clients or employees. We don’t simply react to comments from these audiences — we invite these comments with a dedicated website and staff that address issues as they arise.
Our ombuds is responsible for ensuring that:
- Gartner analysts are allowed to operate independent of influence.
- Analysts’ opinions are grounded in a consistent methodology.
- Any dispute around fairness or accuracy is resolved openly and equitably.
- Associates act within acceptable ethical boundaries, and these boundaries are constantly monitored.
- People who raise issues about our fairness and objectivity to the Office of the Ombuds do so in a confidential environment.