Most security failures originate from an organization’s own employees, according to our data privacy research. In the work-from-home environment, assurance leaders must:
- Work with the CISO and IT to communicate cybersecurity guidance.
- Remind employees that rules regarding proper email protocols must be followed outside the office.
- Check that remote work policies include measures to safeguard company data —and then distribute (or redistribute) the policies.
- Guard against an increase in phishing and malware attacks exploiting virus-related anxiety.
- Confirm that vendors also have adequate work-from-home policies and strong privacy and cybersecurity standards.