Lawrence Orans focuses on network security research. He assists chief information security officers and their direct reports in developing network-based strategies for mitigating security threats. He is the lead author for Gartner's Secure Web Gateway Magic Quadrant. He also helps clients develop strategies, select solutions and develop incident response plans to help enterprises mitigate the impact of DDoS attacks.
Prior to joining Gartner in 1997, Mr. Orans held systems engineering positions at IBM, 3Com and Bay Networks (via Wellfleet Communications), where he worked with enterprises on designing and implementing secure network infrastructures.
Top 5 Issues I Help Clients Address
- Developing strategies for advanced threat defense
- Best practices for selecting and implementing secure web gateway (SWG) solutions
- Mitigating the impact of DDoS attacks
- Developing network access control (NAC) policies for BYOD and guest networks
- Adopting cloud-based security services
Top 5 Key Initiatives I Cover
- Network Security
- Cloud Security