Michael Warrilow is part of the Technology and Service Provider team. He is focused on infrastructure software, including server virtualization, containers, cloud (IaaS) and software-defined infrastructure.
Mr. Warrilow helps clients understand the best practices, leading trends and competitive landscape involved with optimizing data center infrastructure and IT operations. His focus is on the evolution of modern infrastructure software, including software defined, virtualization, containers and cloud infrastructure. Mr. Warrilow's coverage includes market share and forecast analysis in IT operations management, cloud and virtualization.
He is a co-author of the 2015 and 2016 Magic Quadrant for x86 Server Virtualization Infrastructure as well as the 2017 Magic Quadrant for Public Cloud Infrastructure Managed Service Providers.
Mr. Warrilow's previous experience includes:
- End-user advisory services: Best practices, governance and architectures.
- Product marketing: Go-to-market planning, launch management, company spokesperson and enablement.
- Analysis: Research creation, research presentation, in-context application of research to real-world customer issues and strategic consulting.
Top 5 Issues I Help Clients Address
• The future of virtualization, infrastructure as a service (IaaS), containers, software-defined and cloud infrastructure
• IT spending trends and buying behaviors: Which areas are growing the fastest, and why?
• Growth strategies, messaging and positioning, and go-to-market for software vendors
• Which infrastructure software vendors are succeeding, and which are not? What does the I&O vendor competitive landscape look like?
• Evolution of the management software market (ITOM, CMP, etc.). What marketing message should I&O use to optimize revenue?