Jackie Fenn is a Vice President and Gartner Fellow, and works in the CIO research group. She helps organizations define and apply best practices in innovation, including assessing innovation maturity, launching and defining an innovation program or group, and process.
Ms. Fenn is the originator of the Gartner Hype Cycle model, which has been adopted by news media and other organizations worldwide to explain how technologies move from hype to disillusionment and beyond. Her book, "Mastering the Hype Cycle: How to Choose the Right Innovation at the Right Time," was published by Harvard Business Press in 2008.
Years of Experience:
- 24 years in total with Gartner
- 36 years in IT industry
Top 5 Issues I Help Clients Address:
- Driving a culture of innovation
- Developing an innovation process or program
- Establishing an innovation group
- Innovation and creativity activities and approaches
- Best practices in scenario planning and visioning
Top Key Initiatives I Cover:
- CIO Leadership in Innovation and Strategic Business Change
- CIO Mastery of Leadership, Culture and People Dynamics