Top 10 Security Projects for CISOs in 2019
- Security teams often struggle with balancing and prioritizing investments across technology, people and processes, and need guidance in prioritizing security projects that can make the most impact in reducing organizational risk.
- Security teams incorrectly assume they can successfully implement new projects without first properly verifying that they have foundational security capabilities in place.
- As cloud computing is rapidly becoming the de facto computing platform for the IT enterprise, more security offerings will become available as cloud-hosted services.
Gartner recommends CISOs, IT security and risk management leaders should do the following:
- Ensure foundational security programs are mature before embarking on new security projects.
- CISOs should prioritize projects that can reduce the greatest amount of risk with the least amount of cost.
- Properly scope projects with a specific business context in mind and well-defined success criteria.
- Deploy new security projects with a preference toward cloud-based delivery when possible.